Chalo Magazine – June EditionOctober 9, 2020
Schiffli Embroidery Manufacturers Association (SEMA)November 5, 2020
Basic Rules of Solar Power Plant
Yes, we know the first thing after deciding to install solar power plant is to know how much space will it take, what is the generation, return on investment etc. So let us give you the answers:
- Space: well solar panel dimensions are 1mt x 2mt. The basic thumb rule is 10 sqm shadow-free area is required to install solar power plant, this can be reduced up to 8 sqm now with higher wattage panels.
- How many panels for 1 KW: usually 3 panels make one KW. In near future, this will change to 2 panels.
- Production: 1 KW makes approx. 1500 units in a year.
- Return on Investment: House usually take 4-5 years of return as they have no income tax depreciation, and factories or commercial units take 3 years of return as they have tax depreciation 40% year on year.
- Time to install: depending on plant size usually it can take between a week to two months. Residential projects usually take a week time to install, whereas in factories it’s usually 15 days to 2 months.
- Space usage: usually we recommend if you have RCC roof and want to use the area below solar power plant, have the structure raised
Hope we have covered most of the commonly asked questions, but please be in touch if you have any other enquiry